Monday, January 14, 2013

Late Breakfast Snackage

One of the things we came across while grocery shopping last year were these BelVita Breakfast Biscuits. These are yummy cookie things**. We've had the regular "oat" flavor, as well the blueberry but our favorite are the apple-cinnamon and the cinnamon-brown sugar:

Each packet is about 6 points plus and while not especially filling are good with a cup of milk.

I went to the Nabisco/BelVita website and they advise pairing with other things like non-fat Greek yogurt, some fruit, or maybe a low-fat latte. As you can see, I had mine with Skim Milk and then after, a nice Fuji apple (I decided on that after I did the photo so it's not included).

I wouldn't eat this for breakfast every day, but if you're in a rush and you "forget" to eat breakfast these are always good to keep in your laptop bag or whatever and eating when you remember to. We've also taken them on trips: good for eating on the plane or keep in your daypack while on vacation.

I know for six points (eight when you count the milk), I could have had a candy bar but that's not breakfast.

**Sean seems to think we've tried the chocolate flavor but I honestly don't recall, so it must not have been especially memorable or tasty. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment