Thursday, July 7, 2011

Introduction - A pound a week, that's all I ask.

Did you think that only Pamela would be posting here? Well, weight loss is easier when you have someone losing weight with you. So, both Pamela and I have been working on this together.

Like Pamela, I got back on the Weight Watchers wagon at the beginning of the year. On January 3, I weighed in at exactly 250 pounds (BMI of 36.9). My ultimate goal weight is 155 pounds (which is pretty close to my Devine Weight.) I knew that 95 pounds would be a hefty amount of weight to lose, so I also have a simple intermediate goal:

A pound a week, that's all I ask.

You might think that sounds like it's a slow rate to lose weight. However, at a pound a week, I'll be under 200 pounds (and be considered "overweight" instead of "obese") by Christmas and be at my goal weight just before Halloween of next year.

So, it's been 6 months, or 26 weeks since I resumed my weight loss journey. On July 4, I weighed in at 221.8 pounds. 28.2 pounds lost over 26 weeks works out to a rate of just over 1 pound a week. So, I'm meeting my goal so far. Anyway, future blog entries from me will concentrate on how I'm accomplishing my journey rather than how far my journey has progressed. My next post will be "Essential tools for portion control."

No comments:

Post a Comment